Right-to-left

Discussion started , with 3 comments.
  1. Akrasner Hebrew Translator with all proofreading rights

Hello good people,

There are mainly two popular right-to-left languages, at least as far as I know. Arabic and Hebrew. I'm working on the translation for one of them.

Even though the translated strings appear in the preview and I can see it and have feedback, there's something I cannot change: The text is aligned to the left even for right-to-left paragraphs.

Judging by a bit of involvement in other project, I believe the website sources need to be edited, so that text alignment to left/right is reversed (into right/left respectively) when a right-to-left language is displayed e.g. Arabic or Hebrew.

2. Akrasner Hebrew Translator with all proofreading rights

One more thing, the whole page layout should be reversed to be right-to-left. I hope it's not too much work to add this localization. I will happily help if I can, as a RTL-language user :-)

3. Jonne Haß Manager

My belief is that RTL localisation is done best by someone who knows such a language, so if you want or know someone who would be willing to contribute that, that'd be awesome. I'm willing to help with the basic infrastructure.

4. Andre Jaenisch German Translator with all proofreading rights

Although I neither speak Hebrew nor Arabic, the HTML has to be modified like so:

https://stackoverflow.com/q/12839534

Dunno, where to place that in the code. But this have to end up :)