Unproofread?

Discussion started , with 5 comments.
  1. (A deleted user)

Why is so many unproofread and I can not verify or proofread my changes anymore?

I see no activity from the other users in my team, very disappointing.

2. Lubos Hasko Manager

The problem was that in other languages, people have been using proofreading function incorrectly, locking new translators out from fixing problems. This was creating more work for me.

So I simply decided not to use this feature for now. If vandalism starts occurring, I will bring proofreading back but for now, it's just not serving any purpose.

Regarding the translators not being as active. I think it has to do with the way how translations are merged with the program. I'm planning to allow "on-demand" pulls. In other words, if you make translation change here, you can pull the latest snapshot of translations into Manager. This way people can get instant gratification rather than what's happening now when you need to wait a few days.

3. (A deleted user)

I totally understand this. But the persons in my team did nothing and I did all translations =(

So, who does the proofreading now?

4. Lubos Hasko Manager

When you go to http://www.manager.io/desktop/translations, you can see only your name is listed since you are the only one making contributions to German translation.

Nobody does proofreading, all translations will remain unproofreaded for now. Don't worry about proofreading, whatever is translated will appear in the program. Proofreading is not required.

5. (A deleted user)

Okay, thanks. I hope the other translators learn to play by the rules and do not do vandalism with this great project.

6. Lubos Hasko Manager

If vandalism starts occurring, I will bring back proofreading. Also, there is audit trail so any vandalism can be reverted anyway (like on Wikipedia).