TheocBase Help

Discussion commencée , avec 7 commentaires.
  1. Hello,

we're going to add the TheocBase Help files here to make the documentation also available in different languages.
    It may be helpful to translate the texts file by file, starting with the theocbase*.ts files, that contain the strings from the apps; the docs/* files the documentation (the text from the Contents or Index tab in TheocBase Help are found in the .po file):
    1. Select the **Translations
    * tab
    2. Press the Filter segments... button
    3. Select a File of your choice

This way you can compare the corresponding page from the English TheocBase Help to see the context.
    The html files from the TheocBase Help contain also code, that must not be removed, changed or translated (marked in gray font color).
    Some other texts like printing tags should neither be translated and are tagged accordingly:

<!-- Printing tag: -->DATE<!-- Don't translate this. -->

In this example, the word DATE must therefore remain DATE.

Thanks!

Marlon

2. Stéphane HUC Manager

About HTML Comments: to paste it easy, you can use this keyboard shortcut: press the <kbd>v</kbd> key ;)

Egual, read the "How to Translate" page:
    - https://webtranslateit.com/docs/translation_interface/how_to_translate#keyboard-shortcuts

Thanks for your attention!

3. Aayush Kapoor Traducteur en hindi ayant un droit de relecture total (incluant ses propres traductions)

Hello Stéphane, after using the keyboard shortcut v it still looks like this in the translation field
    <-- Printing tag: -->CO_THEME_NW<!-- Don't translate this. --!>

But when I copy the text it is actually the following:

<!-- Printing tag: -->CO_THEME_NW<!-- Don't translate this. -->

The behaviour is the same with the shortcut and the menu option "Copy source to target", which I was using before

Does this work? I think it's only wrong when being displayed in webtranslateit, but in the file it should be right

4. Stéphane HUC Manager

Hi, @Aayush: It's up to you!
    If that's run only by copying, just copy-it!
    The important thing is not to change the HTML format.
    The first does not run, and the information is displayed on TB; the second: yes.

5. Aayush Kapoor Traducteur en hindi ayant un droit de relecture total (incluant ses propres traductions)

Since the Hebrew printing templates in the current TheocBase version are running fine without problems, I guess it is only displayed wrong in the webtranslateit UI. Then I'll continue with copying source to target. I was never typing it out manually anyway.

6. Stéphane HUC Manager

precisely no, it seems that doesn't work correctly!
    Open your Settings, change to the Hebrew, open the F1 browser, and go to the section Printing > Printing Tags and see the 4 pages; compare with EN, or FR and you see comments displayed on Hebrew version!

For now, don't bother with segments with HTML comments; we will do some tests in our test version; If you want to help us, inform us, and we will give rights on!
    After our verifications, we will talk about it again for the production. :p

7. Aayush Kapoor Traducteur en hindi ayant un droit de relecture total (incluant ses propres traductions)

Ok thanks. Will it maybe work with bidirectional Unicode markers like in the attached screenshot?

8. Stéphane HUC Manager

this is what we are trying to see ;)